Diplopia Examination, Work-up and Management
Hôpital Erasme, December 15, 2012
Organized by Professor Monique CORDONNIER
Auditoire JAUMOTTE, level 01, Hôpital Erasme, 808, route de Lennik, 1070 Brussels
One day course in english
INVITATION and REGISTRATION
Details read more.
Download the ManaMa slide.
GOAL OF THE COURSE
This course is part of a Master after Master program that is organized by the Collegium Ophthalmologicum Belgicum. These courses fit in the Master after Master program for our residents, independent of their year of training. However, this program is open for any ophthalmologist who would like to refresh his/her knowledge on different topics. The aim of this program is to achieve an ideal balance between theory and practice.
Accreditation nr: 12013670 - 6 CP
- 9h- 9h15 The patient sees double : asking what, doing what ? Pr M. Cordonnier (ULB)
- 9h15 – 9h30 Monocular diplopia : causes and treatment Dr C. Andris (ULG)
- 9h30 – 10h Binocular diplopia : how to examine the patient ? Pr M. Cordonnier (ULB)
o Objective tests- 10h – 11h Incomitant misalignment and diplopia
a) Oculomotor palsies 20 minutes Dr C. Andris (ULG)
b) Supranuclear disorders 20 minutes Pr A. Boschi (UCL)
c) Muscular disorders 20 minutes Pr A. Boschi (UCL)
- 11h – 11h30 Break
- 11h30 – 12h Comitant misalignment and diplopia N. La Grange ((UGent)
- 12h – 12h30 Diplopia in childhood M. Van Lammeren (KUL)
- 12h30 – 13h30 Lunch
- 13h30 – 14h10 Intermittent binocular diplopia Pr A. Boschi (UCL)
- 14h10 – 14h20 Retinal diplopia N. La Grange (UGent)
- 14h20 – 14h 40 Treatment options : optical correction, prisms, botulinum toxin or surgery ? Dr C. Andris (ULG)
- 14h40 – 15h15 How to prescribe prisms ? M. Van Lammeren (KUL)
- 15h15 – 15h30 Any questions ?